Crashes can occur anytime anywhere. It totally depends on the driver how experienced or skilled he is, to avoid these kinds of incidents. In this article, we have tried to give you some ideas on how to deal with such situations.
A distraction is a very small and a main reason why accidents happen. A recent study has shown that at least 14% of the crashes occur when the driver is distracted to something inside or outside the car. One example of distraction is using a mobile phone while driving. Though it is against the driving rules, still many people admit to using them while driving. Hence, reducing any kind of distraction will automatically lessen the crash risk.
There are many driving schools in Australia, that are good enough to teach you not only to drive confidently but also how-to safe drive. They also have a safe driving course which seems to be the best way to teach people how to avoid any kind of accident risks. This can specially be useful for young adults as they are more prone to such crashes when they travel with people of same age.
This is also due to distractions. Lrent is one of the best driving schools in Australia, who has helped many individuals to drive safe and with confidence. They assure to give you the best of the instructors who can share their experience with you.
For your better understanding here are some list of crashes which can help you to avoid them in future:
- Rear-end crashes: This happens when the vehicle behind is following you too closely, so when you stop for some reason, there are higher chances of this vehicle banging your car from behind. The best way to avoid this is to keep checking through the side mirror if any vehicle is too close to you and avoid being with them in the same line.
- Single vehicle crashes: This mainly happens with young drivers who have just learned this new skill and try to be overconfident. These crashes can happen while running off the road, hitting any stationary object etc. Here it is very important for such drivers to first gain experience to make those speed judgements.
- Crashes while taking a turn at intersection: This happens due to lack of judgement (especially in new drivers) in looking for safe gaps while taking turns. Here the only way to avoid such mishap is by waiting for larger gaps in moving traffic, regardless of any impatient driver behind you. This would be better for your safety.
- Crashes while changing lanes: This happens when driver tries to change lanes and forgets to check the blind spots (which is the area on the right, left and behind the car which is not covered by your side mirror). In such cases, the driver can only make sure that he checks in the side mirror and blind spots well before changing lanes.
- Head-on crash: This happens due to lack of judgement when the driver tries to overtake any vehicle. In such cases it is better not to do so.
Remember only a careful driver can keep themselves and others safe.